Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Memories of Tomorrow

A heart that’s been broken
Can never be mended
A love that’s been lost
Can never be found

Love is more fragile
Than a butterfly’s wings
Love is far sweeter
Than sugar plum wine

I see your smile in the midnight sky
As my tears fall on the ground like rain
I want to turn my sad world around
And go back to yesterday once again

Back to the days
When our love was new born
Back to the time
When we built our dreams

We made our own music
And danced in the moonlight
Love light was brighter than stars
In the blue of your eyes

The mountains were taller
The rivers ran deep
Time stretched out past the sun
Love was the moment
And love was tomorrow

But the world goes on turning
And the years hide our memories
Love fades like red roses
When the winter wind blows

So I listen to my heart beat
Out memories of tomorrow
I listen to my tears fall on the ground
I miss you much more
Than I would ever miss living

Memories of tomorrow are for the living
Memories of yesterday belong to the dead
Memories of tomorrow stretch out beyond me
Memories of yesterday fade with the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment