Tuesday, June 23, 2009

HURTING

I have written a poem that I believe all woman and girls who are or were in an abusive relationship should read. As well as any one that knows a woman like this. Please pass this poem along to as many people as you can. Perhaps your local paper will print these poems or your local radio station will read them over the air. All I ask is that my blog is mentioned.

Hurting

There is pain and sadness
There are tears of fear and sorrow
In eyes of wondrous beauty
Dark bruises lie heavy upon her
From hammering fists
From kicking, booted feet
From words of bitter anger
And all she ever wanted
Was to give her love
And to have his love in return
She never asked for dresses
She only asked for kisses
All she ever wanted
Was a little kindness
All she ever needed
Was a little tenderness
But he is her lord and master
And he knows he owns her
She is his punching bag
A thing to slake his lust in
Whatever her needing is
Whatever her desire
Whatever her wanting
Is of no importance
All that ever matters
Is the quenching of his anger
The fulfilling of his cravings
Soft beautiful skin is battered
Soft beautiful skin is trampled on
A tender heart is broken
A tender soul is shattered
There is no escaping
A pain she faces daily
Will it be death that takes her
From this world of torture
There is pain and sadness
There are tears of fear and sorrow
In eyes of wondrous beauty
Bruises lie heavy upon her
From hammering fists
From kicking, booted feet
From words of bitter anger
To you with the wounded soul
To you of the wounded heart
To you of the broken bones
Write these words
Within your mind
Say them to yourself
A hundred thousand times
It is not my fault
I am not to blame
I have no need to feel shame
I am a woman and must be free
Of this battering and of this pain
I must have my own dreams now
I deserve a far better destiny
Now look within yourself
Look beyond your darkened window
Look for the faint candle glow
The flickering flame of freedom
Walk away from hurting
Look within yourself
And you will find the courage
You will no longer heed his pleading
You will never more give in
To his cruel and savage needing

My blog http://canadianpoet2.blogspot.com/ My twitter ID canadianpoet2
Share the poem. Help to end the hurting, help to end the shame

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friends, I am the editor for an E-newsletter entitled Human Rights and Culture further details of which may be found at: http://www.ahrchk.net/pub/mainfile.php/hrculture/
    I would like to use this poem in the next issue (and any others that you might like to contribute) and would be grateful if you could contact me at sloanbooks@gmail.com

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete