Thursday, June 4, 2009

A wild day

It is a wild day
Not a kite flying day
The savage brutal wind
Banishes the leaves
Leaving the naked trees
To huddle close and shiver
Their coloured coats
Are scattered,
Windblown and tattered
Becoming quickly covered
Underneath the flakes
Of the falling snow
I walk between leafy furrows
Where small mice can burrow
Feel icy winter fingers
Brush none too gently
Against my bearded face
Hearth and home are waiting
Its warmth I am contemplating
A hot toddy must be
The order of the day
It will wash away the coldness
Take the sting
From winters boldness
Calm my wild racing heart
I am enchanted and delighted
My thoughts are enlightened
By the wonder and the might
Of this brewing winter storm
I do not wish to leave it
Give in to my need for being warm
It is a wild day
Not a kite flying day
But I wish my kite were with me
I would love to see it sailing high
As the darkness begins to settle
I sill stay to test my metal
Against all that Mother Nature
Can ever throw my way
As I turn to hearth and home
I am glad I took time to roam
And take deep within the flavour
Of this wild winter day

No comments:

Post a Comment