Monday, June 15, 2009

I Have a Black Man as my Friend

I have a black man as my friend
I have a black woman as my lover
My dreams are multi-coloured
As are all my children

My peers look down on me
And wonder what I was thinking
To pollute my white, superior blood
And let it mingle with someone beneath me

So little do they know of love
So little do they know of reality
So little do they know of truth
As they go seeking power
For all blood flows crimson
All hearts beat within
The covering that is our skin
And in some distant final hour
Perhaps they will understand
The futility of their desire

For their hate will be their downfall
A black cancer in their soul
They shall be consumed by bitterness
And never achieve their goal

For such power as they seek
Is like a snowflake in their hand
It will always elude them
It will always fade away
Its place will be filled
With the hour of their accounting
With their moment of their reckoning

The darkness of their evil
Shall consume them
With its deadly flame
And their names will be forgotten
As the wheel of time
Turns past them

I have a black man as my friend
I have a black woman as my lover
My dreams are multi-coloured
As are all my children

No comments:

Post a Comment